Tips for keeping coronavirus out of your home


Yesterday, a number of things made this pandemic very real to me. 

First, I was watching drone footage from the streets of San Francisco. It was really eerie to see the entire city void of people and moving vehicles like some sort of scene in a post apocalyptic movie. Don’t get me wrong, it was truly beautiful to see, like a travelogue of sorts, but it was creepy too. 

Then, CBS morning news aired a graphic about coronavirus cases in New York, New Jersey, and California, and it was striking to see the steep, almost vertical increase in cases in New York and New Jersey versus California and it struck me that, yes, it’s because those people in San Francisco are going extreme and staying at home. 

The other night, Chris Cuomo broke down while talking to the family of a doctor who died of coronavirus complications one week after being exposed to patients with the disease, all the while battling the illness himself. 

All of this really made me think... Over the past week, I’ve been to Walmart, Longs, and Times market to get the supplies I need, but that has to stop. Chris Cuomo didn’t deliberately expose himself to the coronavirus. He was likely just traveling to work, stopping into the store for a second or two, thinking that standing a few feet away from people is enough, but it’s really not. 

As I look out over the Times parking lot, I see a number of cars, and many cars on the road too. We might believe that extreme measures are overkill, but it’s not. All we have to do is take a look at California to see how extreme measures work. 

This is a link to an article with tips on how to prevent the spread of coronavirus. It’s important that we all start paying attention.

Comments

Popular Posts